RCU Forums - View Single Post - M60a3 DKLM kit build
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 09:06 AM
RichJohnson

Received 375 Likes on 239 Posts

So over time track stretches but also, with this tank getting then track perfect tensioned with the active idler but not an adjustable idler has been very tough to do.
I had the right hand side one track pad too tight because one more pad longer and the sprocket could nearly spin and not grab the track. The Abrams pads are that long. I needed like half a pad to get it just right.
having the right side too tight compressed that side and made it sit low and lean right pretty badly.
I finally got tired of it this weekend after I was driving with the really nice Tongde M60s and decided to take some action finally.
live long had a plan in my mind how to make the active idler adjustable so it got my materials and made it up last night and added one pad length back in.
I would up having to adjust the idler wheel out about 1/4 of an inch to take up the slack from adding the one pad.

I have not been able to drive it yet but I suspect it will drive fine or need a tad more tension. Can’t wait to try it.
The following 2 users liked this post by RichJohnson:
bowlman (05-02-2023), Pcomm1.v2 (05-07-2023)