RCU Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on with rc planes in 2021?
Old 05-11-2023, 06:36 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by plumberdeluxe
I’m going to the shop to work on my 14th balsa and glow powered plane this year. I hope everybody on here finds their own personal hobby happy place. Mine is at the table creating stuff like this and spending time flying my stuff. I got 11 flights yesterday and 5 the day before in 25 mph winds. Cheers gentlemen!

Hmmm.....where did that Classic come from?

Funny how "trainers" are always something we come back to to relax and enjoy flying. Here is my Trainer 60 I've been out flying is calmer winds.
Not much trainer about it.

This Orange Telemaster 40 was only $120 local pick up (no engine) so I mounted an OS SF 46 on it, and it flies great. Check out those vintage wheels!
With the sun in the right direction, you can't miss the chrome leading edge on landings. Tail dragger is the only way to go!

I sold some balsa wood, Monokote covering irons, and a sanding bar, $230 in a day to recycle back into the hobby and Saturday, I pick up an Ultra Sport 40 with a Rossi 53 w/ pipe on it, $230, receiver ready.
The engine or the kit sells for about that, so what a bargain I thought. I'm sure I'll be pleased with the workmanship and hours someone else had put into building the US 40,
and I'll be focused on the flying chores instead, because in CA they say balsa dust leads to cancer, so you can never be too safe!