RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by nige69
Thanks for that info Darkith.

My Ziroli 77" Stearman is probably going to come in close to 10kg (22 lb) but hoping I'm over estimating. I have weighted my test stand and then the fuselage with wings, wheels etc and it is about 20lb

I have run the motor with the vent plugged and unplugged. I feel more comfortable running it with it plugged as like you seeing the oil ooze out from around the push rod tubes gives me a bit of piece of mind.

I have been thinking of drilling the valve covers on each side, putting pressure nipples in and linking them all with tubing. It would allow us to add oil into all the rockers and if you vent this instead of the crank then that would allow more oil to make its way up the push rod tubes. It also adds a bit more scale realism
Just looking back at this thread. Did you fly the Ziroli at 20 lbs with the ASP successfully? I fly a 12.5 lb Stearman with my FR 300 on glo and it has plenty of power. I bought a 77 inch PT -17 recently (unflown) with a never run FR 300 also on glo. I am afraid the 300 will be to light even on glo to safely fly it. It's around 21 lbs auw. How does yours fly at 20 lbs?
Thanks. Aaron (hyjinx)