RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone using LiPos with the Taigen V3 System?
Old 08-14-2023, 01:33 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, but the reason of writting that in the manual is preventing the unexperienced user from getting and using lipos.

You would be shocked to see how many users do dangerous things with them. I do some custom work for our RC fellas, mostly installing electronics, programming radios and so on, and you couldnt believe the status of many people's lipos. Not only being vastly overdischarged (like 1 volt per cell) but also the amount of times I got toys with lipos with one cell puffed, or even fully rounded battery.

And that, among hobby users and experienced modellers. Now go and figure what would happen among kids. Imex-taigen-torro and all those brands want to prevent those things to happen, hence in the manual they might write that, but what they want to avoid is to be sued because of a domestic fire. I would not recommend a lipo to a guy who does not know what is doing. Even myself, I had two small fires at home because of them, but gladly I managed to kill it before anything happens.

There is no reason a lipo can blow a heng long-taigen electronic, unless you picked one with a too high of a voltage.

But yet again, I found nothing better yhan those Li ions that I talk on my website.