RCU Forums - View Single Post - All about Kolm Engines
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 07:08 PM
Dougt13399

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kolm 150IL runs great but fuel drips from carbs

Hello everyone! I just set up and started my Kolm 150IL on the bench, some minor things to figure such as my BEC doesn't power the ignition as expected but bypassed it for now. The digital tach I have plugged into the RPM plug from the ignition box just reads voltage but not RPM....all my plans went south ignition wise but aside from that, the engine runs great, slightly rich but I have an electric fuel pump set to a dial so I can hopefully find its happy settings and set it to a switch or linear with the throttle, however my main concern is with the heads facing up and the carbs mounted the way they are (intakes facing down) there's a steady fast drip of fuel, especially while idling and more from one (the center cylinder) than the other two. Needles were turned in, noted, and turned back out to factory, seem to be set to what ive read is correct. I can turn down the fuel pump until it leans out though, with barely enough fuel to keep it running and it still has a drip. Did I over pressurize the carbs with fuel possibly and blow a diaphragm or is this normal until I invert the motor in the model? Lean it the needles out after its well broken in? Doesn't seem right that I'd have a puddle in my cowl, had it been mounted in a model so any advice or suggestions on what I can do? I'm all ears! Thank you!!!