RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone using LiPos with the Taigen V3 System?
Old 08-15-2023, 06:24 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Hey Rad, You're absolutely right, Erik was definitely into some very sophisticated stuff. Long-range drones, autonomous tanks, and he was also an avid drone Racer with FPV. I first met Erik about 10 years ago and we became friends. We've met in person and we used to communicate one way or another at least a couple times a month. Then one day he told me he had split up with his girlfriend, met a New Girl, was going to leave imex, and the next thing I knew the New Girl is pregnant and Erik is getting married. He told me he was leaving imex for a better job but the people at imex now tell me that he didn't quit, he was fired. Why I don't know, and I don't think I'll ever find out what really happened. He told me they were planning to get some kind of RV and tour the country, and said he would stop by when he swung through Detroit but that was the last I heard from him. I have his personal cell number, as well as his primary email, and I've tried to contact him through both for the last couple months with absolutely no reply. Back in my day we would say he went Hollywood but I guess nowadays I have to say that I was ghosted. Never thought he would do that, but I know from experience that sometimes when a guy gets a New Girl a lot of things change. I just hope he's okay and having a good time.
From what you said I wouldn't take it personally. My experience is wife + kids leaves no time for hobby, especially at the beginning. I've lost contact with so many friends when they had kids and only reconnected with a few after there kids were grown and out of the house. A hobby takes a lot of time and money as we all know, starting a family is at least an 18 year commitment from the first child, not saying anything new here as many of you know. Some people manage to keep with it (hobby) while raising a family and that is GREAT for them (one of my cousins was able to do that, with RC airplanes). So if someone you know "tunes out" there may be many reasons why, enjoy the hobby while you can. I'm hoping for retirement in a few years and hopefully will not regret the many projects I bought stuff for years ago then sold because I couldn't see me finishing them in the near future. Hopefully my money will hold out until I "buy the farm", LOL.

Last edited by Tankhobby; 08-15-2023 at 06:35 PM. Reason: correction