RCU Forums - View Single Post - FIRST TIME WHIPLASH OWNERS READ
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 08:24 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRST TIME WHIPLASH OWNERS READ

I see that some of you are on your second "Whiplash" and in most cases because the 1st plane bit the dust.

That concerns me to the point of needing to make everyone very clear on what this aircraft is all about.

This is not your grandpa's Sig Kadet, its a very high performance airframe designed for nothing but extreme speed..

Please if you haven't experienced the power of this plane yet, be very careful to check all of your surfaces and connections because the high rev engines usually produce a ton of resonance that can actually unscrew bolts and nuts..

secure everything with elastic stop nuts or double jam nuts if need be and always use Loc-Tite on all threaded surfaces.

if you loose any control surface connection in flight, its all over.. one sided control surface on a delta is not a good thing..

Please take all precautionary measures you can, and be prepared for having to respond quickly when launching..

Typically the whiplash will come right out of your hands with no left bank, but depending on the engine and your setup you can get a hard left bank on launch.
Also, keep the angle you launch at about 15-20 degrees max, you can stall a delta unless you have canards.

Enjoy the whiplash, and if any of you have any questions, call us at ACM, we'll be happy to help in any way we can..

More than one flight on this plane would be a good thing [:@]

By the way, please don't misconstrue this as an insult to anyones intelligence, it's merely an effort to help people that aren't familiar with this aircraft to be aware of some of the issues that seem to be associated with high RPM engines.. If everyone where flying the whiplash on a OS40LA I would never post an ad like this..