RCU Forums - View Single Post - RID Postponement: FAA's Unenforceable Threat
Old 09-27-2023, 06:18 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming going on 3 business days now my question was kicked out to someone's desk. My second question was answered within hours. Yesterday I sent another one and it was also answered within hours. Same body again but no top line with caps and underline.

"I am unable to find a Remote Id module that fits my application. Can I wait until March 16, 2024 for modules announced by manufacturers (futaba) but that are not yet available?"

UAS Support Center <[email protected]> tome 3:09 AM (3 hours ago)Name:  cleardot.gif
Views: 317
Size:  43 Bytes

Drone pilots are expected to comply with the original September 16, 2023 compliance date for Remote ID. However, the FAA understands that some drone pilots may not be able to comply because of limited availability of broadcast modules and lack of approved FAA-Recognized Identification Areas. In those instances, the FAA will consider all factors in determining whether to take enforcement action through March 16, 2024.

It's important to note that the FAA expects drone pilots to comply with the requirements of the Remote ID rule as soon as possible. Read the full policy at https://t.co/JrdkXSzxsk

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 9/26/2023, 9:34 PM
Another non-answer. Didn't notice this. It went to spam. I didn't know I had a password. It's a Captcha.

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 337
Size:  37.7 KB

Federal Aviation
Administration
FAADroneZone

Your password has been successfully changed.

If your password was changed without your notice, please contact the UAS Support Center.
For general inquiries or to request support with your account, please contact the UAS Support Center.

This is an automated email. Please do not respond directly.