RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question on eliminating RCA jacks on Spylinker 800mw system
Old 11-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on eliminating RCA jacks on Spylinker 800mw system

Cool!
The problem with a 9.6v pack is that it will put out more than that when fully charged. Big possibility of smoking the system. I have no idea what the upper voltage limit of the system is and am too chicken to find out the hard way.
What you CAN do, and this will come in handy if you upgrade the camera in the future, is use a 7808 IC 8v voltage regulator between the pack and the tx. The tx itself operates on 8v. They just take advantage of the voltage drop you get when powering both the tx and the camera with the one 9v transistor battery. In the camera lead there is a 5v regulator already installed since that is what the camera actually operates on.
What I am about to do is use a CX-161 CCD camera (5v) from BlackwidowAV with my spylinker tx. I have both a 5v and an 8v regulator and will wire it all together to use with one of the many 9.6v packs I have laying about. The 5v reg goes between the pack and the camera and the 8v reg between the pack and the tx.
I will be taking pics of how it all goes together (Fates willing), and post the results hopefully by the end of the weekend.
I figure a KR600AE pack should provide more than enough juice to power it all.
The 270mAh packs you have will provide enough for the stock system after a little rewiring. I assume you plan to dump the RCA plugs?
Dinner time, gotta run!
ORIGINAL: rdc767

Fubar
I just got my 800mw system.
Whats a good battery to run beside the 9v durcell? I used a cheap 9v and it lasted about 30 seconds!! Could I run a 8 x 1.2 to 9.6volts. or is this too much. I have some light 270mil amps 2/3 AAA's I could solder together. I looked on ebay and they have 9volt rechargables but not sure if it could take my .900c charger. I need to keep it light 2 or 3 oz max.
Thanks
Ron