RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4.5 T-38C Talon scratch build
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 02:28 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 227 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinthoele
Getting closer every flight. Hopefully you can figure out what’s going on with the gear. It’s a great accomplishment!!!!
I have three options at this point.... One- buy another pair of ER40 main units to see if these had been tweaked and are now slightly bent (i bought the main units used), Two- upgrade the mains to ER50's and i'll have to put a 1/2" tall bump on the top of the wing skin to allow the retract clearance or Three - design a low profile set of ER40 main frames (and possibly new upper oleo struts) and have those machined.

My flying season is almost over due to incoming cold weather and I go back to work tomorrow and begin long term training at a new employer and a new metal tube... so things are going to be pretty busy. Option #1 will probably be what i do initially, with option #3 being the long-term fix.... option #2 i just hate the thought of. lol Retooling the wings to be thicker for ER50's is out of the question as it would require retooling the fuselage as well do the the wing root being part of the fuselage as well.