RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TopRC T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 10:43 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pancake321
yea i've heard nothing but horror stories about the top rc retracts. on my fw-190 i went with sierra. hopefully they will make a set for the t-28.

i talked to someone who saw the prototype fly at an event in early august and he said it took multiple cycles to get the gear to come up all together after it took off.

if i'm not mistaken this is possibly the only top rc plane that you have to buy it with their retracts.
Originally Posted by maddog-RCU
pancake321;

You are mistaken, when I bought my TopRC P-47 you had to buy their retracts at the time.
Originally Posted by pancake321
oh ok thanks. guess no one was buying their crappy retracts if they didn't make them haha
Yep...I was one of the impatient fools who bought TopRC Model P-47 with mandatory bundled retracts. Early adopters had to take the "detracts"; against better judgement. As expected, detracts are junk - look decent, but junk nevertheless.

If the TopRC Model T-28 was offered without retracts and if the Electrons designed for the Tomahawk Aviation T-28 fit the TopRC Model I would've been first in line for the kit.

Hard to find happy long term TopRC Model retract fans, conversely, Electron & Sierra have many happy repeat customers!

Electron T-28 2.75m

Last edited by marksp; 10-12-2023 at 11:33 AM.