RCU Forums - View Single Post - Raptor 50 update. "Wind Flying"
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50 update. "Wind Flying"

Well I'm halfway through my second gallon on my rappy 50 and have the tail in down great been hovering it fairly high at times, too. I am working on side in and nose in now and seem to be doing well.

Today I got off work early and thought I'd try some windy flying. THIS THING FLIES GREAT IN WIND!!!! I was hovering in 21 MPH winds with gust up to 35 with no trouble at all! I was in FF while stationary so it was different to fly but I kept it in one spot! I was the only one at the field today because of wind/rain but it sure is a great feeling to know I can fly in kansas!!

When it gusted the heli only went up, no attitude change. When the wind slowed it lowered altitude but keeping on the throttle I was able to keep it from going too close to the ground or too high.

The way I see it is if your going to fly in kansas LEARN to fly in wind! Makes it fun and challenging!

Only got to fly one tank because it started raining and the lightning was coming closer.

I AM SOOO GLAD I WENT WITH THE RAPPY 50!! That OS 50 sounds good, too! Doesn't sound like a weed wacker.