RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TopRC T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 05:05 PM
pancake321

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scalebirdman
In response to Pancake's question about nosewheel steering:

At the top of my nose gear strut are 2 fitting that look to be attachments for pull-pull cables. The retract unit itself has a bracket off to the side for a nosewheel steering servo, but there is no way you could connect the two, and there is no provision on the leg for a rigid attachment that would connect the two, nor would it allow the gear to retract without binding unless you Macgyvered the crap out of it.

I plan on removing the servo mounting plate (held by two screws) and using a pull-pull setup. I think I'll have to come up with a way to keep the nose gear from flopping over as it retracts and the tension is released from the pull-pull cables, but I think that is the far simpler option.
i saw those fittings on the nose strut and assumed they were to attach the steering push rod. but they're 90* off from where they should be for that. in the manual there are no pictures of the nose gear but you can almost see a push rod up there in the background of one picture. i hate doing pull pull setups so i'm going to try get the pushrod figured out.

planenutz i texted mike from gator asking for pictures of the nose gear setup yesterday and he did not respond. i am going to call their office tomorrow.