RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would you trust Spektrum with your $10k jet?
Old 11-26-2023, 03:48 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

My take on Spektrum. I got one of the DX7 setups when they first came out and with one of the power safe receivers I flew a 40% Extra and with the standard 7 channel RX did some .40 size pylon racing without any issues. I went with another brand of equipment that had better sailplane options at the time. Fast forward 10 years later and I went into the deep end and got a Jeti DS16. Currently flying giant scale gas, pattern and sailplanes and kicking myself for not switching sooner. The big selling points to go Jeti is with a jet you will likely go with a central box and satellite receivers much like what I have on my 35% Extra. As standard you can go with a 3rd RX that becomes your on/off switch for the airplane, yes a bit of a novelty. You can also activate telemetry to display current used out of your RX packs, real time current draw and what I think would be very helpful on a jet, interior temperature. Of course it will do data logging and you have an option for 900 mhz backup. To be honest, I haven’t bothered to look at the features of the high end Spektrum setups but if you are reading between the lines I think you have determined that Spektrum isn’t even on my radar.
The following 2 users liked this post by speedracerntrixie:
Ken Bryant (11-27-2023), uncleTom (11-27-2023)