RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier RC 84" Stinger
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 08:11 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by erans
Truckracer - Thank you for the comment. Black is definitely more sensitive to heat than other colours, but the Monokote covering (which is used here) is better than any other covering material in my experience.
In addition, my aeroplanes are stored inside the house which is climate controlled environment (roughly 23 Deg. Celsius year round) and only taken out of the house when taken to the airfield, where the aeroplanes are under a roof between flights (we have great club facilities, we are lucky). I think it will be OK ; )

Cheers,
Eran
I agree with you and understand completely. Monokote was my all time favorite covering and I still have several Monokote covered planes that are well over 20 years old that look like the day they were built. Some have hundreds of flights. It was a sad day when the original Monokote went away. What was produced in the last few years of production was not even similar to the older '70's to early 2000's product. I've covered many planes with Ultracote and it is not even close to the quality of Monokote. I have attached a photo of a friend and his opinion of Ultracote. I agree!!
The following users liked this post:
sensei (01-15-2024)