RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 11:34 AM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Rebel maiden went well. I now have 5 flights on it and the plane starts to feel pretty dialed in. The Rebel classic is a very straightforward "light" jet. It is very predictable and pilot friendly. I set the CG per David Wilshere's instruction and that was a great starting point. One can probably go a little more aft, especially with a gyro and I plan to explore this at some point. The CG in the manual (front of tube) is very conservative and probably yields a plane more challenging to land although I did not try. The throws in the manual are way too much in my experience but maybe they are designed for the super forward CG they recommend.

The Rebel is super neutral and easy to fly. I'm using a CMJet 4L tank and a Kingtech 140 because I fly at 3000 MSL but even then, I could have gone with a 120. Landings are super straightforward, right after base to final, throttle to idle and the plane comes in very predictably. At full speed my Rebel whistles significantly. Very easy to hear over turbine noise and kinda different.

Overall great plane. Thanks again to David and all of you for answering my questions in this thread.

Arnaud
The following users liked this post:
Canadian Man (12-10-2023)