RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 01:24 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

IMO a 160 is too much for a 2-meter Rebel. I have a 160 in my T-One which is almost 10 pounds heavier and a 160 is more than enough for that plane. Residual thrust when landing a 2-meter Rebel is a necessary consideration, especially on short asphalt runways. The Rebel is a slick plane. Based on my experience a 140 is about the 2-meter Rebel's limit. Not many sites have an asphalt runway long enough to slow down a significantly overpowered jet. It can be done but it takes a little extra skill, good brakes and quick reflexes. Also, the larger motor is typically heavier resulting in more counterweight too. Also, the larger fuel tanks are unnecessary. With a K142 and a stock tank I can easily get over 8 minutes. It is typically flying at 1/2 throttle with full throttle on verticals, etc. IMO the Rebel is not built for much extra power. It is nowhere built like my Ultraflash was, etc. But when properly set up the 2-meter Rebel is a great flier. It is fun to fly and easy to land. Easy for one person to setup and handle in the pits. It has become my go to plane. By the way, I have found that Electron brakes work better than JP's.
The following users liked this post:
RC Rich (12-09-2023)