RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TopRC T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 10:07 PM
planenutzz

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Gussets done including tristock. One thing I did stuff up was that the left had gusset look at the front had a bit of slop when I cut it and thought I'd just fill the gap with hysol but then I clamped it all which compressed said gap and has put a twist to the gear rail with that one being lower than the right. Totally forget about the gap when I clamped it.
I'll do a shim out of 1/8th play and sand to fit so not a real issue. I intend to do a 1/8th ply double around the lip anyway.
I inserted a block with hysol where the original gap had been, see photo and once I start to get nose leg mounted I will mark where I actually need the slot for the retract servo bracket to be.

I'll also need to drill another hole in each side of the retract itself as the front hole will not have enough "meat" of the timber to screw into.
I possibly could have brought the engine back a few mm by surface shaving the laminated block but that invites clearance issues with the nose wheel as I have only about 8mm of play at the rear of well.
I also like the fact I have about 2.5mm around the exhaust outlets to allow some air to circulate.

Last edited by planenutzz; 01-06-2024 at 10:10 PM.