RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Diablo build thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:08 AM
anupamd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave, sounds good. I have a k140 laying around collecting dust and it sure would be intersting to see if I could get it to work with this aircraft with sufficient power for it to be fun and take off from a mowed grass field. What do you think the final weight would come out to with the K140?

Your Diablo came in at about 30lbs with a jetcat 220.

So
Weight without engine would be
:
Weight without engine = 30lbs (your weight dry) - 4lbs (jetcat 220) - 1.1lbs( straight pipe) = 24.9lbs
Add the K140 (2.2lbs)
Final weight dry with K140 = 27.1 lbs

In comparison, My TopRC Oddsey comes in at around 27lbs dry and has unlimited verticle perfornance with the K140 and feels very light and floaty.
If my math is correct, then this jet would perform similar or better with the same power setup with the added advantage that if in the future id like to try thrust vectoring i could always "upgrade".

Do my calculations seem reasonable to you? If so, this may be an incredible value and could appeal to a wide range of people,

Here im assuming use of standard size servos and batteries, I could probably save a little more weight by going with lighter servos and batteries and keeping my radio install to a minimum.

Last edited by anupamd; 01-18-2024 at 12:11 AM.