RCU Forums - View Single Post - Value of Super Connie balsa wood kit from the 1960's
Old 01-24-2024, 12:09 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of Super Connie balsa wood kit from the 1960's

I have a Super Connie balsa wood airplane kit from the 1960's I think. I think my Dad picked it up in Japan when serving in Korea in the early 60's.

It never got assembled as it was a very daunting project when we were kids and I only got interested in flying planes for a couple years and never progressed to the point where trying to build and fly that seemed like a good idea.

Going off of the measurements of the plans, it's for a 1:20 scale model. The wingspan will be about 73" and the length about 66". It came with four Enya 19 model 4003 engines. I did break in one of the engines when I was thinking of building an RC hovercraft when I was a teen, but the other three have never been run. The rubber wheels on the landing gear haven't withstood the test of time too well. The front gear looks OK, but the two rear ones look melted.

It's been in storage for years and I have no interest in trying to build the model. I'd like to see it go to someone who would appreciate it but I have no idea what to ask for it.

I'd appreciate any advice or value estimates that anyone can offer me.

Since I'm a newbie, I can't post images. However, I did upload images to my SmugMug photo site which is at https ://jacooper.smugmug.com/Other/Super-Connie but you'll have to fix the URL manually to look at them.

thanks,
Jeff