RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX8e Dual Servo Retract Problem.
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 08:50 PM
GSMX250

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX8e Dual Servo Retract Problem.

Hi there members,I’ve not long had a new Spektrum DX8e and have managed to successfully program in three aircraft, at this stage, using up to 5 channels.That is throttle, elevator, aileron, rudder andretract undercarriage.
I am currently trying to set up a P 40 with six channel control, so as above and including flaps.My problem is that I cannot get both undercarriage to deploy, it is a pushrod system, which utilises two servos, one for each side.I am using, the gear channel on the TX and the gear channel on a spec AR 8000 DSMX.So one line out of the receiver to a Y cable and then a cable to each servo.Using a servo tester both undercarriage work properly.
If I change the radio setup and use a spec DX6i and an orange receiver I don’t have a problem and both undercarriage work properly.I have also tried the DX8E with a different spekt receiver, AR 6 210, DSM X and that also failed to deploy both undercarriage legs, but did put up the same leg, as did the other spekt receiver.
I have changed out the “ Y “ lead connection which made no difference.The ailerons on the plane, use a servo in each wing and “Y” lead back to the aileron channel in the receiver, and they work properly.
The two servos that operate the re-tracks are identical servos.
I disconnected the “y” lead from the servos that operate the re-tracks and connected the”y” lead to a matching pair of standard Futaba servos and both of these go full rotation when the undercarriage switch is operated on the DX8e.
So my findings,The DX8E will operate two servos on the undercarriage channel.The DX8e will only operate one of the two servos that are mounted in the wing responsible for retract operation.
The servos that are mounted in the wing will both simultaneously operate properly using a survey tester.
Hmmm… puzzling.
cheers Gary.
The following users liked this post:
1mikeacro (01-28-2024)