RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TopRC T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 02:28 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by planenutzz
no worries! Glad to help. Nothing with this hobby is cheap and all is getting more expensive.

I'm trying to find a baffle for the UMS 180. Once chap in Germany said he had them but wanted 46 euros plus about same for shipping.
Man I baulked at paying that for piece of 3mm plywood!!
I think CH Ignitions in US has one but would like to see a photo of them. I did ask Adrian for a photo.

cheers
me
Agreed, everything seems to be much more expensive these days!

I can design and make one for you and laser cut it or use the CNC Router. I will more then likely need one in mine, but I am leaning towards the Moki 180 for header clearance. I am working on a template to check. I may also see if Adrian can make a custom exhaust for the UMS 180 with the outlets on the side in the full size location. Lots of things to think about. I am also not ruling out Jim Kitt's electric StinGR reduction drives too.

Additionally, I usually weigh all the components and I did that today. It also helps Jim to do some calculations on the StinGR and three blade Vario Prop. Here is the snippet for reference and if anybody wants the spreadsheet to use as they add components, please feel free to reach out. I would imagine all the airplanes are relatively close. I do this and then verify how close I got when I put it on the Xicoy CG pucks. Talk soon.

Last edited by JRSmith; 02-12-2024 at 02:32 PM.