RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 08:12 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm in the midst of converting a jet over to Jeti. It has a Cortex Pro going into a Powerbox Competition. I have two R3 rx's going in to the Cortex using Ex bus. Just trying to find out if anyone has successfully setup throttle failsafe using Jeti with the Cortex and Powerbox. From the Cortex manual, it seems you can't really get failsafe to operate due to the EX bus lack of sending out a "true" failsafe signal that the Cortex can see? The text below seems to imply that you can set failsafe positions in the Cortex which I can't seem to find when bringing up the software and from the second line it implies that the internal failsafe wouldn't work if you lose communication between the Rx and the Tx which doesn't really seem like a great failsafe? This is the only plane I have a Cortex in. Everything else is working fine but it's meaningless if I can't get a FS working. Thanks. From the Cortex manual....

FAILSAFE
For every single channel run through the system, no matter if stabilized or not, a failsafe value can be defined. To use this option, set all transmitter channels to the desired values, followed by a click on the software‘s button ‚Learn failsafe values‘. Done.

Note: The internal failsafe will only be activated, if there is no „proper“ signal received from the receiver (e.g. connection cut between receiver and system). Thus, if there is a failure in the link between transmitter and receiver, and the receiver‘s failsafe is activated, the system‘s failsafe will not activate.

Note: The internal failsafe is NOT available form Jeti EX.bus, as this protocol does not feature a failsafe information for following devices. This is taken care about by the CentralBox.