RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-02-2024, 04:18 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 153 Likes on 129 Posts

Went flying last Sunday. I took three models with me, both Barons and the club's Boomerang. I didn't arrive at the flying field until 5pm so things were rather rushed.

I had been having problems with the British Baron; the caburettor barrel on the Magnum 52FS insisted on making a break for freedom so rather than fit a carburetter from the spares box I swapped the engine for an OS 52 Surpass. I found that I could not stop the engine. Closer investigation revealed that the part which secures the bottom of the carburettor manifold had snapped off so the carburettor was flapping about in the wind. Fortunately I have a scrap OS52 at home so I was able to use parts from that engine to repair it. A quick session on the test stand, a swift adjust ment of the slow-running jet and all was well. I just have to fit the engine back into the model.

I had a good flight with the Ukrainian Baron but forgot to switch elevator to full rates on landing so the landing was a bit hot. No damage though.

As for the club's trainer, a Seagull Boomerang, last year I bought an OS 46FX at a car boot sale minus the silencer. I had previously been using my beloved Enya 50 in the model but the thought of ham fisted beginners wrecking my Enya while learning to fly led me to fit the OS. I have a box full of two-stroke exhausts so I fitted one. The OS flew it more than adequately.

Although I'm not really an ARTF man I have recently bought a Kyosho Calmato Alpha, new in box. I intend to put the Enya in that. I have a Q Silencer on the Enya and to my ears it sounds fabulous...for a two-stroke that is!

Copious amounts of rain are forecast here right up to Sunday so I'll plenty of time for assembling the ARTF and building some other projects.

The following users liked this post:
Clean (05-02-2024)