RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Programmer win11 "core isolation" Issues
Old 05-09-2024, 12:51 PM
Focus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moon Pie
I OFFER THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION ONLY. PERFORM THESE ACTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ASSUME NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER.
THIS SUGGESTED FILE WORKED FOR ME, BUT I HAVE NO WAY OF BEING CERTAIN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU.

If this has been covered before, my apologies
When I downloaded the Spektrum Programmer into my shiny new windows 11 computer, I got a message that the supplied
driver would not be loaded due to "core isolation", and I had to disable "core isolation" in order for the driver to load and run.
(You can find the "core isolation" settings in device security)
I was not comfortable having to disable a safety feature in win11, so I started searching for a solution.
The supplied "Horizon Hobbies" driver is an FTDI driver, so I went to the FTDI website and downloaded their latest driver package.
It comes in a zipped format. After unzipping it, I was presented with an "application" file to install.
I swallowed hard and installed it.
I wish I could say that it took care of the problem immediately, however more work was required.
I went to device manager and located the "AS3X" that was highlighted yellow (need's attention) it should be located in the USB devices.
I opened that line and click on update driver. Then I select "browse my computer for drivers"
Next, I clicked on "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
I had to unclick "show compatible hardware" switch. as it was already enabled on my computer. (it's a little box above the list)
Next, I scrolled down to "FTDI" and select it.
I selected FT4222 Interface A (it was the first choice on my list).
When I clicked on "next", I got an "incompatible driver" warning, I answered "YES"
That driver loaded, and after a restart of my computer, my Spektrum Programmer worked properly,
and I was able to turn the "core isolation" back on.
REMEMBER, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ASSUME NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER.
Could you tell us which driver package to download. I see on FTDI's website they have VCP drivers, D2XX drivers and D3XX drivers.