RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Heng Long Abrams Build
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 11:34 AM
skyowa

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

On a side note, having bashed my Abrams around, there were already some cosmetic issues, namely one of the "mud flaps" was broken off as was one of the smoke grenade launchers, and when I got the wheel set, I installed it to see how things would run, during those trials, the tank exceeded it's rollover angle, fell off a curb and landed squarely on the turret, busting a number of detail parts and jamming the barrel elevation. After pricing replacement parts, including a new lower hull, I decided to make Toucan an offer on a new plastic version M1A2 which they for once accepted without back and forth, so that will arrive tomorrow, I've decided to just repaint the tank Light Sand as well, seems to be the closest to the Desert Storm version Abrams they have on display in Johnston, by the time it's weathered, it won't really matter.

I have been spending some time with the turret assembly in terms of improving it's movement. After removing the paint from the surfaces involved, I polished the plastic and gave it a coat of turtle wax, the results were significant, I'm sure temporary as dirt gets in and wax wears off though. However I ordered some slick tape for drawer runners etc to play with too. I'm going to install a slip ring in the new tank, already modified the old ring for 360.