RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18 programming for Para-RC
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2024, 04:58 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

g_boxwood,

You should be able to program your transmitter using the Elevon/Elevon-B aircraft type. While I don’t possess a Para-RC, I was able to program a DX8e using the Monitor screen getting the actions you required. I had to make some assumptions about the initial arm servos positions and movements that in all likelihood are not correct.

Setting the Aircraft Type is just the first step in the programming. All the programing that follows depends whether you use Elevon or Elevon-B Aircraft Type and how the Reverse switches for RAL and LAL are set. If you would post this information as well as the arms' position when the sticks are in neutral, I’ll plug it into my program and make the necessary changes.

When first set up and the transmitter’s elevator and aileron sticks are in neutral, using Elevon/Elevon-B type, I would expect that both arms of the Para-RC are extended forward. Would you determine which combination of Elevon/Elevon-B and servo reversing of the two elevon channels gives the proper action? There are a number of permutations and only one that is correct. What you are looking for is moving the aileron stick to right, the right arm moves down; when moved to the left, the left arm moves down; and when the elevator stick is pulled back, both arms move down. At this point in the programming, both arms moving with aileron deflection and the arms moving up when the elevator stick is pushed forward can be ignored.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 05-19-2024 at 12:05 PM.