RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbine Regulations Saga
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 08:29 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Regulations Saga

Has anyone looked at a system such as Blue/Gold WAiver where the newbies, such as myself could be offered a waiver for the 12-17 pound thrust turbines, with airframes limted to 175 MPH, and following a period of time and documented flights (logbook) they could apply for the Gold waiver. The Gold waiver would allow for larger airframes and engines, as well as larger fuel capacity. The Gold waiver would require frequent recertification (yearly) such as that proposed, documented flights. The Gold Waiver holders would have open flying at the jet fly-ins and AMA sanctioned events, while the Blue members would demonstrate a flight before the CD in order to get flying priviledges at that event. The Blue waiver holder would be allowed to fly at any AMA filed (where turbines are allowed) in order to gain experience and become more familiar with the turbines. In return their waiver would not be subject to annual review UNLESS a report of unsafe flying had been made to the AMA during the year. Speed limiters would only be required for aircraft where speeds in excess of 175 MPH is in question, and therefore only for the GOld waiver. Could we not come up with something like this?

I think something like this would fix the problems we have run up against, while having a "relaxed" requirement for the new guy, which seems to be a sticking point with some.
Just my two cents, but like I said I'm newbie
Tommy
AMA 1469
Turbine Operator 6950