RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbine Regulations Saga
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:08 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Regulations Saga

Hi Tommy,
I guess the problem is where you draw the line on thrust. I, and I'm sure others can only afford one turbine. I couldn't afford to buy a "small" turbine and then graduate to a "larger"one. I've got a SimJet 2300 on a FACET 2300 that I'm flying as my trainer. Since I'm interested in scale, I bought an engine that I feel I can use for my "future" projects. I don't think that just thrust is the issue, maybe powerloading, thrust/weight, etc or a combination might work.
What I really fear from the fallout from all this is a lot of manufacturers are just going to throw in the towel and get out. That includes kits, engines and accessories. I know if I had one of these businesses I would have to think long and hard to decide is this small segment of the hobby really worth the uncertainty and hassle? Then I would have to make a business decision on what I'd do. Many could just invest their money and let it grow and not have to deal with any of this.
I've got a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.
Regards,
Jon