RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbine Regulations Saga
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:25 AM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turbine Regulations Saga

Hi Greg,

There really isn't an alternative to the JPO since it is the only jet SIG recognized by the AMA. So, while you say that the JPO isn't the first choice for most jet modelers, I don't understand what their other choices are other than choose not to affiliate with any AMA jet SIG. Doing something constructive is alot better than doing nothing.

Why not join the JPO and become part of the process to make it better instead of standing on the sidelines? I invite each and every jet pilot out there that are not JPO members to join the JPO and help make a difference.

Gordon
= = = = = = = =

Gordon, I stand by my statement. Go to the 9 page thread on the issue and you will find a very well (better than my exhausted brain can do right now) about the options modelers have. Many choose to NOT fly at events...that's an option. Many choose to buy a dinner with their wife, or as I said some kero. SIG or no SIG, the JPO is not seen as worth the investment of a measely $25.oo by the majority of waver holders. The math speaks for itself. I've been a member for 6 or 7 years...to the chagrin of the 9 other jet flyers in the area.......not worth it to them. I hope you are more eloquent and able to convince others than I have been.
Remember, if something is not seen as worthwhile to an individual, there is no push for them to join/purchase/belong. Somehow the fence sitters need to be encouraged. Maybe this issue will do it.

Greg