View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 08:36 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Regulations Saga

I for one don't believe
Lee,

This I think is the more predominant reason why the jet community consists of several splinter groups. The very nature of this facet of the hobby is that it is expensive, and tends to attract the individuals that can afford it. So you wind up with business owners, and individuals that are accomplished in their careers etc... Most of these individuals are independant and self driven. We each have our opinions and oftentimes are naturally in a position of leadership. I think the majority of us have to make decisions every day so naturally gather up every piece of information we feel is necessary to do such, and then we act. I am curious why the JPO is constantly criticised for not gathering information yet everytime we ask for opinons the majority of the community does not contribute suggestions. At Superman Steven gave a short talk at the pilot's meeting on Saturday morning, there were at least 100 people standing there yet very few people even asked him about anything further to do with the rules. Two or three years ago we were working on a new proposal we sent out letters to current and past JPO members, we made quite a few comments on the RC jet list, JPO list and RCO, there was even a new Jet Rules list formed that lasted maybe 6 weks before fizzling out. At that time a fair bit of discussion insued with maybe 40 at the most contributors. People did not seem to care until after the proposal that contained almost every idea that came out of those discussions went to the AMA. The proposal was posted on all the above lists, plus the JPO website and was hashed over in all of the above forums until it was felt it was ready to go to the AMA. Hardly kept from the membership, or keeping information from the membership like what is being claimed.

It is my feeling that if you don't become a part of an orginization you can't expect for that orginization to feel like your voice should carry considerable weight. You choose by not joining an orginization to not provide yor input to that orginization. I am an electrical contractor, and I do not belong to NECA (the national electrical contractors association) should I expect that they send me a letter or a poll everytime they are about to propose a legislative issue to congress? Should I also feel that they are not supporting my interests if I don't contribute anything to their orginization?