RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Problems
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Leuphan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Problems

I have a hitec Laser 6 readio, suprime 8 reciever, and 4 hitec hs-800 something or other servos, switch, and batteried for Tx and Rx/servos. it all came as a kit type deal.

i haven't installed the radio into my PT-40 yet, but i hooked it all up outside of the plane to get a better idea of how everything works together (how the servos themselves react to the inputs from the Tx and the like)

the problem is that it's not working anymore. a few times of "testing" and all everything seemed to work fine, but now (quite inexplicably) the servos don't react the transmitter.

when i have it all hooked up, and turn the power on, the servos twitch .... before when i would then turn on the transmitter they would twitch back to "center". but now they twitch, and just sit there. if i flick the switch on and off, the servos would end up making a full "cycle" never really coming back to nutral when i turn on the transmitter.

i thought maybe there was enough port in the reciever battery to make that "twitch" but not enough to move the servos..... so i hooked both the Tx and RX batteries to the charger and let sit for about another 9-12 hours after the initial 24 hour charging session.

i can't think of anything else that might be useful (although it's been a LONG day so the brain's not firing on all cylanders ya know?

Thanks for taking the time to even read this

Rob