RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Problems
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Leuphan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Problems

thanks for the info guys .....

charger is the kind that plugs into the wall and just has wire leads coming from it to the battery and Tx (you leave the batt. in and plug the charger to the side of the Tx.)

Charger: Hitec CG-25A
Tx Batt: Hitec NiCad 600mA 8 cell
Rx Batt: Hitec NiCad 600mA 4 cell

I don't have a voltmeter, and i don't know how to test under load.

(this next part is rather embarressing so i hope you appreciate my honesty )
To be honest, the instruction book had basicly nothing in it. Seems like a beginner's kit, but didn't even have how to hook up the battery to the Rx (the switch has 3 leads from it, one can only be for the battery (as it is a female connection), yet it has 2 male leads coming from it.) And it had NO warnings about turning the Tx on THEN the Rx and vise verse for turning them off, nor did it mention anything about not running the Tx for too long with the antenna collapsed. So, i didn't know i shouldn't flick the switch on and off while i was figuring out which of the two male leads is for the Rx and thus probably distroying my servos [:@] <--- me mad at myself for not knowing). Basicly for two days i did absolutly everything Rodney said not to do. and i would have kept doing them (most likely) had things not stopped working.

thanks for your time guys, and DEF your guidence ..... always well needed when you're ignorant like me <insert DOH! face here>