RCU Forums - View Single Post - Simple 6/7-cell field charger?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 09:08 AM
YarSmytheJr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple 6/7-cell field charger?

I fly a few electric 400-speed airplanes utilizing 6/7 sub-c Ni-Cd cells around 1700mAh and 1900mAh. Nothing fancy. I have two methods of charging the batteries right now. An overnight Hobbico Multicharger and a Victor Engineering "burp" charger (which I like, but requires 35-40 amps @ 12volts).

I've racked my brain reading about all the chargers out there. The Triton seems to be a favorite but I wonder if something else will better fit my need. I might "upgrade" to NiMH so I'd like the device to have that ability to charge them too.

So, I'm basically looking for a simple box that will accept my 6/7 cell pack and charge it at the field in 30 minutes or less. It doesn't need more than one charging plug. "Small/Compact" would be nice. Fancy readouts and multi-settings are not required. It should have the ability to plug into a car battery (if I'm away from the club) or into a 12 volt power supply (4-30 amps) that be shared with my Sirius Pro Charge. I currently don't have an AC/DC power supply so any suggestion on that would be welcome too (although, I believe the Pyramid 26amp charger is my first choice).

Phew....is that specific enough? Thanks for the feedback!