RCU Forums - View Single Post - Funtana Trim Schemes
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 06:08 PM
All Thumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana Trim Schemes

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

If I do get one I will def change the scheme on it. What techniques are you guys using to change yours out?
Well, that's kind of a loaded question, with lots of answers. If you have a specific question, let me (us) know.

In a nutshell: I already talked about how I got my stickers off. The next thing I did was snap a pic of the plane (actually four of them...top, bottom, side, and 3/4 view). I then masked/cut out the plane itself from the photo and dropped it on a plain blue background. Then I just fooled around with those in a photo editor, although any drawing program would do...or even just print them out and draw on them by hand. I did that until I got something I liked...took awhile . After that I taped some large construction paper pieces on the plane, figured out what my main dimensions would be to match my picture, then drew the pattern on the wing itself. I cut out the patterns, used them to cut out the Monokote and just ironed the whole thing together. Nothing real special here. I put the Monokote right on top of the existing covering.

I can provide the blank jpg's I made if anyone is interested (although you'll have to suffer with the checker pattern that I kept). Maybe this is more than what you wanted , but your question isn't specific.

Just for grins, here's a small version of the file I used for the top view in Corel Photo Paint. You can right click the opened image, save it, and play with copies of it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47648.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	77218