RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lazy Tiger P-51 ? Engine Rec./ Servo Rec. / Grass Landing?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Dennis Tampa FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazy Tiger P-51 ? Engine Rec./ Servo Rec. / Grass Landing?

I'm still remodeling my house so flying and repairing planes are on hold.

Need to send in my os 32 sx for warranty work, but when healthy which with a apc 10-4 took off and goes vertical in a very short run. Any greater pitch than 4 might get you in flutter easier. WATCH THAT SPEED.

I did try a 11-3 apc but if there is any wind at all the pitch is not enough to pull you thorough it, 10-4 seems perfect, down the road lie to try a 10-4 wood or 11-4 wood prop.

AND YES! replace those elevator rods as he said they will flutter. I do still need to do mine. If you dont replace them keep it very slow, be carefull of flying into the wind then turning from the wind causing the speed to invcrease to flutter speed, throttle management defently needed.

I used the super lite foam wheel from dubro in 3.5 inch size does great in grass.

pERSONALLY THE STOCK 6OZ TANK IS FINE FOR ME OVER 15 MIN WITH ABOUT 1/3 TANK LEFT OVER WITH THE OS 32. Why make the plane heaver when lighter is = SLOWER :-).

Down the road if it lasts I want to increase rudder size and mabey elevator size with balance tabs to increase its envelope.
Right now the plane is my trainer :-) / 1st plane.

I
m still a new flyer but.

please excuse writng as keyboard going bakd and cant correct mistakes. delete buttton not working. need new keyboarkd. :-(

What special tricks can you do with your laxy 51's?

Have fun, Dennis Spyridakos