RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution engine, Need commend
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 12:58 PM
nilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engine, Need commend

I think I'm the only one lucky guy to have problems with this engine.
I started in RC couple weeks ago and bought the whole starting equipment, including the 0.46 evolution.
The fisrt time I tried to run the engine by hand, just to check how smooth the thing is, I could feel the piston getting stuck in one position ( I had the glow plug out, so no compression). This was explainned as "normal" by the store were I bought it and by other club member with the xplanation that it had to be broken. It was a really back metal-to-metal weird noise and I couldn't berely rotate the engine(with oil).
I runned already half galon on this engine and now it's really smooth, but at least my engine wasn't broken from factory.
I didn't fly solo yet and the first flight this engine did was by a club veteran that flew it just to test the trainner and the engine. Well, the engine went dead while flying and almost caused my plane to crash, but that's ok.
Last weekend I wen to the field and the engine didn't respond to high speed. I tried to adjust the high-speed meedle, even going beyond the adjust limits (with some veteran help) but it didn't work. When you apply full throttle, the engine takes two long to follow and when it finaly goes, keep at high speed for 2-3 seconds and sundenly dies. I checked already the tank for ar leak but everything is ok.
What I found is that the small fuel link from the high-speed valve to the carburator was broken(from factory) right where it connects to the valve, so bubbles were being created from the valve to the carburator. I replaced the fuel link but the high speed issue didn't improve.
I send an email to Horizon Hobby yesterday, since I read here in RCUniverse that it would be the tech support but didn't here from then yet.
I also read here in RCUniverse a test done to the "Evolution Trainer Power System" by some expert and the engine didn't respond right away. The tech support was contacted and the low-speed needle limits were wrong by factory. After this fixed, the guy said it was a dream.

So I think my problem is adjust, but when you're abeginner, small things become black holes! Somebody here can help me?

Thanks,

Nilo