RCU Forums - View Single Post - 802.11 video
Thread: 802.11 video
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 802.11 video

Spylinker systems operate on 1.2ghz which is illegal in the US. They are very cheap, work well, but use CMOS cameras which are not exactly great. The work fine with good light but not so fine with low light such as on cloudy days.
BlackwidowAV systems cost more but operate on 2.4ghz which is Ham legal. The power output listed is supposed to be actual power out not a rating based on power consumption such as the Spylinker setups.
Blackwidow systems come in various setups if you go the component route and use CCD cameras. I have one of those cameras and it works great. He also sells systems that operate off of 5v. Im gonna get me one of those.
In my case, I got one of the Spylinker systems due to the very cheap price. Bought a second one and bought one of the little tx/cam all in one 200mw systems also. Then I found out (after bragging them up to everyone here) that they are illegal in the US. Got a bit of crap for that.
Anyway, if you can afford it, I would go for a BlackwidowAV system. He ships fast also. He also posts in this forum regularly and I know he will answer any question about his systems you might have. The BlackwidowAV systems are much better systems overall. Hence the higher cost!
I have my eye on the 5v 600mw system he sells...

ORIGINAL: jdavis

ok, color me silly... but is that grz site in german? its going to be hard enough for me to study for my ham lic, prvt pilot lic. work and train my unruly puppy but to have to learn german frist?

ok, next question. i have been reading through most of the posts in this forum and the two systems that seem to float to the top are spylinker and black widow. would either one be a good choice? can one of ya'll that have used both give me a qucik pro/con of each, to include dealing with the company, cust service, etc.

thanks! maybe for Christmas, Santa will give me enough bucks to go forth and record!

-jimbo