RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dragsters
Thread: Dragsters
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 10:35 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dragsters

Hey,good idea on the motorcycle tires,I didn't think of that.I know what you mean with those stock X-patterns and the only way I've found to fix that is the hard molded inner foams and then that still isn't very good.I haven't thought about the suspension much but I'd probably try to use the stock shocks from the SS since its about all I have,lol.Maybe the stock arms from the SS too with a custom tower?I don't know.I've got a few rear ends from an old Hornet I might be able to use and lock the diff for the solid axle effect.I guess the first thing I should get is the body,and wheels I intend to use and build around that as I have no idea how long or wide it should be.I also thought about a front only brake so it could do burnouts but if I used foams there'd be no point.I think it'd be cool if you made a chassis and I made one and we weighed em and compared notes to see which type would be better or lighter.I definitly want it to NEED wheelie bars but I doubt it will have a chute..maybe just one for looks.

Good ideas,thats what the thread is for.