RCU Forums - View Single Post - Few Sig wonder ??
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 05:55 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Sig wonder ??

I just picked up the Sig Wonder kit and I have a few? For those that have built/flown them. I really don't like the idea of the brass tube ail tork rods that came with the kit, is this something I should be concerned with or is the metal to metal contact no big deal? I also am thinking about using HS-81's for throttle and elevator, is this enough power for the elevator? Also should I go with MG's for elevator or are the nylon strong enough. I have to admit I have never used micro servos so I really have no idea what they are capable of. The CG per plans is very narrow, 2 5/16 to 2 7/16 is there really only 1/8 of an inch from nose heavy to tail heavy?? Past experience tells me I can go WAY beyond recommended CG but with such a narrow envelope on the plans I have to wonder. The control throws listed in the book seem ok for test flying but they don't give a range just 1/4 up/down for ele and 5/16 up/down for ail, is this about right for low rates? I normally set up high/low rates; with no range I’m thinking 3/8 for ele and 1/2 for ail sound about right? since I’m running a piped 25 I’m doing some mods to the air frame to help beef it up a bit with out gaining to much weight, mostly around the fuse doublers and wing dowel rods and hold down. Any suggestions for building/beefing up the frame would be welcome.

Thanks
John