RCU Forums - View Single Post - .25 in .40 size plane
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Throttle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .25 in .40 size plane

Hello, I been flying a 40 size plane with a OS 25 FX for about six months. I call it the Debsulator. The dimensions are the same as the Deb except for the wing which is a RNAF and is 2 inches wider cord wise having no dihedral the tail fins and wing are mounded on a rail. The rail is made of electric fence insulator post. When I started this project I found the insulator post would bow where the wing was mounted and it would also warp in the sun light. So I got with Cajun to help me solve both problems. If you look at the photos you will see that we inserted a T beam which Cajun made from a yard stick into the fuse. While this add some weight to the plane it stopped the warping and bowing. The only holes that were add, were for the dowels and where the engine mount attached to the insulator post. There were no opening cut for the battery or receiver. The Debsulator has the receiver mounted internally in the fuse the yard stick falls about 4 inches short of being full length and leaves a space up front just behind the engine. The batteries are mounted externally just behind the engine, underneath the fuse. All wires are run internally in the fuse except for the ailerons wire, which was not long enough to reach so I had to run it externally. While the yard stick did add some weight the small amount of drag offered by the insulator post more than made up for it. This plane makes a great floater. The weigh was about 5 lb. On it maiden flight I let Cajun take her up (believe it or not he is my test pilot). He did slow roles flew inverted and did an out side loop. Yes it struggled on the outside loop but it made it. I enjoyed this plane and now have move on to a Debut using the electric fence insulator post for a fuse and the fuse is the same length as the Deb. But everything else is Debut. with landing gear added. A report will be up Coming for the modified Debut.

I hope this information helps encourage trying new ideas etc.... I want to thank Cajun for his countless hours of help and encouragement.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60896.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	78960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15099.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	78961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85955.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	31.6 KB