RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60 size corsair arf
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 PM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 60 size corsair arf

Just went to the LHS Hobby Express in Cincinnati, OH. Picked up my Corsair. Great price at Hobby Express, $249.95. Worked out to $267.45 with tax. Cheaper than mail ordering from Horizon. Anyone else find a good price on it? I don't know what part they might have had problems with, but I have to think it was the cowl. The finish on mine isn't as smooth as I would like. Another of the planes that Scott received had a cowl that was really bad. He is going to have to have Horizon send him another one. I never had nor saw the retracts on the 60 sized p-51, but the retracts wire itself looks to be pretty darn beefy on the corsair. I wouldn't think bending is going to be a problem. I didn't pull my wing out to actuate the retracts, so I can't tell you how well they do or don't work. Over all the covering, and the construction seems to be very high quality. The parts all appear to laser cut, is this a standard practice on most ARF's? I would imagine it would make for quicker, more error free assembly. I am excited to get it together and fly it, but I think I am going to put it on hold while I finish up a few other projects that are already on the bench. Besides, then I will be able to take advantage of the great tips that you guys will undoubtably provide. Sorry, no digital camera hear that is worth a squat, so I won't embarrass myself by posting crappy grainy pictures. Everyone who is jumping right in to build there's, keep us informed of how things go!!

Allan