Thread: 802.11 video
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Kamikazi
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 802.11 video

ORIGINAL: Fubar-One

I think one that we tested was sending on 1190 or somewhere around that so they are definitely not broadcasting on the Ham legal freqs. I dont think anyone has found one that was broadcasting anywhere near 1240mhz or higher. So, the Spylinker systems do broadcast on an illegal freq.
Some earlier messages seemed to imply that transmitting video in the 1.2 gHz band was illegal. I was just trying to clarify that was not necessarily the case. There are HAM legal frequencies there. The Hong Kong systems may well all be transmitting outside the legal frequencies.

On another note - I recently bought a Supercircuits PC-87, but haven't tried it with the HK transmitter yet. I decided to crack open the HK camera tonight to check into this voltage regulator mystery. All the info I've read seemed to indicate that these cameras have a regulator embedded in their cord. As you can see from the picture below, that is not always the case. Mine has an internal 5v regulator.

A few other interesting things were noted... The CMOS sensor board can be rotated 180 degrees if you want the mount the camera with the cord coming out the other side. This could be handy if you are mounting the camera on the under side of a wing or fuselage.
My sensor board was also a little loose - I noticed that the focus would sometimes change when the camera was jarred. That problem was easily fixed.

I also found that lenses from some webcams I had sitting around fit perfectly. One in particular, from a Phillips Vesta Pro had a much larger lens (brighter image) and was noticeably sharper at the corners of the field. The focal length seemed similar and it gave about the same field of view.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22244.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	79241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26710.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	79242