RCU Forums - View Single Post - USB flash drive for recording video?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: USB flash drive for recording video?

I like the idea. Wouldn't you need a CPU along with the camera? And, which camera could you use? Many questions, there are-grin Okay, using a PCMCIA PC104 802.11 card and a WINSystems PC Card would allow you to connect to a USP equipped camera. The 802.11 WLAN link could be used to connect to the onboard WINSystems PC to enable and disable record, and act like a webcam viewer. The whole thing will set you back about $ 4, 000.... but it would work. I don't think the weight would be an issue. I've hung a lot of weight on an electric glider without any problems. Power consumption would be a problem. Those boards operate on 5V, but consume AMPs not mA for dinner. The benefit of this configuration is... WLAN is free and unlicensed. I already have about a grand in my plane. I don't know if I would be able to fly with $6K (Li-p batteries included) my finger's shaking not stirred! And, the cost for "depends" might be too high-hehehe. If I had $6k to spend... I would probably purchase a jet and equip it with video.

If you got the money... I can build it!

Rj