RCU Forums - View Single Post - Funtana Trim Schemes
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 09:46 AM
All Thumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana Trim Schemes

ORIGINAL: barryb

How do you get the "Seba" stickers off of the Funtana without damaging the covering ?????

Barryb
I got my stickers off fairly easily without doing anything special. I started with the wing to develop a feel for what they'd do when I pulled on them. I found that by pulling straight back everything was fine, and almost all the glue would come off with the stickers (even though I had previously ironed everything tight). I'm trying to demonstrate that with paper in my first picture (use your imagination and pretend it's a sticker being pulled off of Ultracote ). Go slowly and watch how it works. I didn't find any problems with the covering, but if you pulled straight up like in my second picture you might tear the covering and certainly pull it away from the structure. You could even break the balsa in the tail with the force. But by pulling straight back...and carefully watching what you're doing...I don't think you'll have a problem. Go slow! I rocked back and forth from time to time to make it easier, not just one straight pull in one direction. Like I said, I developed a feel for it quickly and it went well. That's what I did but I'm sure the other ideas will work just as good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66821.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	79323   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44826.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	79324