RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUGJESTED UPGRADES FOR RAPTER 30 ?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 02:36 PM
HenRam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUGJESTED UPGRADES FOR RAPTER 30 ?

Depends on what you want to do with the heli... From my point of view, I'd want it to perform better 3D manouvers... In order to do this, I would upgrade the following:

Blades: Anything already balanced and not wood would be good.... I've used NHP Razors and the TT Blades. Both performed really well as far as 3D goes, but the NHPs did better with the autos... VBlades are also good all around blades, but are somewhat costlier than others and sometimes they are also hard to find in stock...

Tail Blades: Stock ones work, but something with a little more bite works better... Maybe even a little longer. NHP is also a good source. I have been using Rototechs but I am not entirely happy with them..

Cooling Fan: First thing I do with all my Raptor kits is toss the stock fan/hub assembly and replace it with the Quick UK fan. Never had a problem with an engine overheating... My engine is currently running at 140 degrees and is running a full capacity... just barely lean...

Paddles: If you want to add some snap to your cyclic controls, go with lighter paddles. I am using X-cells 3D paddles which are lighter and thinner. One drawback is that it will make the heli pitchy during fast forward flight... There are other options for paddles that don't create this problem, but I have never used them so I can't comment on their performance...

Carbon Stabalizer and Fin: The kind that have nothing in the middle so air can pass through without weather vaning the tail. If you plan on flying backwards or sideways a lot, these would help. They are also lighter than the stock parts.

Muffler: Although the muffler that comes with the heli is good and works, there are better options out there. If cost is not a factor, Hatori, KSJ, Zimmerman and Curtis' Muscle Pipes would add more power to the heli...

Any other upgrades would just make the heli look better or last longer, but really won't increase it's performance..