RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-51D olive drab paint schemes
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Chas_97
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-51D olive drab paint schemes

Thank you all very much for the information. The pics are great and really give me some great images to save and print as references whilst airbrushing my precious warbird. I wanted to build the aircraft as scale as possible, but since this is my first short kit (and first Brian Taylor kit) I found that I am not quite ready nor do I have the resources to go "all out" on the wonderful scale details that make the P-51D the glorious machine that it is. The other thing I wanted to accomplish is to build a decent tribute to all of the WWII veterans that served. I don't think I'll EVER get tired of watching their stories on television or reading about their battles and experiences. Wow have times changed!!

I have been researching and pontificating my P-51D paint scheme for over a year now. I think I have decided on invasion stripes on the bottom only, white alpha-numerics & aircraft serial numbers, and wht/blk stars & bars.

The only thing left is nose art and squadron insignia. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'll be continuing my search for a good, cool looking squadron insignia and nose art. I know mustangsmustangs.com may be the best place to research nose art, but squadron insignia requires a high resolution, high detail image in order to get the insignia looking good on the aircraft.

Keep the great pics coming and "CHECK YER SIX!!!!".