RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Bates Bearcat
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Dave G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, the building continues... Part 2

Ray, Thanks for checking in on the projects. As you can see my buddy is finally getting his under-way. Mine's had great progress... If you include that I built the entire wing for the fun of it. Seems there's a wing meant for the "sport" gear, and the mounting points for the scale gear don't match the sport wing.

I had the wing at about 80 percent complete when the scale gear showed up and my heart just sank. A few phone calls to Jerry and some serious measuring took place and the only way to save the wing would have required a major butcher job, and I wasn't about to do that. I trashed the sport wing, Jerry got the scale wing drawings to me and I started another from scratch.

My work load at my job triples toward this time of year, so the progress on the new wing started off slow. I've got most all the new pieces cut and fit and the scale gear will be just fine once I figure out the plumbing with the inner door sequencer. The new wing has more scale flap and aileron hinging.

Pictures will come once assembly has progressed further and I get the hang of the new RCU format. I think for the forums, I like the old way better. More progress pictures soon.

Joe, Thanks for the tip on the wheels. If I can convince the powers "above" (me at work) I'd like to produce "my" wheels and sell 'em cheaper than anybody. I can't give them away, of course, but a fairly scale looking wheel shouldn't cost as much as the engine! We'll see.

Happy Landings