RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dubro snow skis, Any good?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 12:47 AM
flying klown
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubro snow <span class=

I have a tri wire landing gear on my Trainer. I have three trainers. I am getting after the 1st of year a 4 Star 60. I have a 91 Magnum already to go broke it in and cannot wait to move up to me second plane. Being from the south I never saw anyone fly in the snow. I just started flying in June this year anyway. I started a 3 channel Lanier plane down south in 1925 but I got sick.(Cancer) and had to quit and sold everything. BUT I am Alive! I a .60 webra.

Nevertheless. I flew great yesterday and today. But I have the same problem. one ski wanted to go vertical.
I was told the wire gear is hard to get these to work. but I have rigged up a system that shows promise. I will get out there tomorrow. Because if I want to fly, I am going to have to use the skis because our field is covered! Only me and one other giuy my old instructor have been flying out of 170 members!

So the field is in good shape. There are 4 foot drifts! It is going to be there for a long time!
But I did take off a third time thinking I fuixed the problem and up it went and made the drag so bad i was losing control. With a little head wind it made it bad. I ended up off course and floated into a tree. But was able to get it out ok. the motor was still running. I lost a wing and had several holes. This Trainer was given to me anyway and it is old and beat up anyway. But I have a brand new wing that a guy gave me after he trashed his trainer. So I made all repairs tonight and fixed the skis with a metal pushrod. I tied it to the wire gear and went through the ski itself. Then came out in front and made the end spring like and it will prevent the ski from getting vertical! I have all three like this now and several rubber bands around the base of the also. This is going to work and have some fun now.

I was told they do not work on wire gear and to get the aluminum gear. I have the Fiberglass on one. Too late now. If thios doesn't work I will have no choice but to do that or get floats. BUT I just paid $30.00 for the skis! They are going to work! Know what I mean?

Hey Cdsmith Elmford NY,NY? is that in the city? I had to move from the city because my wife will not live there anymore. she grew up there and hates it. Her dad was born and raised there. I love it myself. I worked in the city for years. In the last days I had to metro-north in to GST every-other day! What a bumber. Glad that is over. But Connecticut is nice. I was just in the city Sunday. I worked between Madison and Park on 28th for years. The subway let me off a half block from my work from GCT.

And Mini, I did something like ou supplied to me the info. So thanks for that!

David