RCU Forums - View Single Post - C/L Fuel Delivery Questions.....
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C/L Fuel Delivery Questions.....

Howdy,

I'm new to C/L, I started the thread a while back about 1/2A C/L trainer plans, and since then have built and flown one of Old Sourdough's Stunt Chimps with a Cox Golden-Bee/BW cross. The plane is a kick in the pants, I really like C/L, and though I am not too terribly accomplished with the model, I'm thinking of building something a little less trainer-like.

My plan is to take BMatthew's Cadet plans, and add a built up wing (now don't go and talk me out of this, I've already scaled a set of symmetrical wing ribs to fit the planform ), and remove the gear. I plan on powering it with a Cox Killer Bee or TeeDee or Medallion .049. The trouble is what to do about fuel delivery. My options for small tanks are limited, Brodak makes a few, and there are some Perfect tanks to be had on Ebay all in the 1/2 oz+ size, and I could make my own eye dropper tank. But I worry that any of these tanks aren't going to be very good for stunting. I'd really like the tank to be concealable, and maintenance free (I'm afraid you guys are going to tell me to run a bladder). What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Derek